xmonad update in testing

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon May 28 06:24:47 UTC 2012

Hi Michel, thanks for your mail.

> > It should fix issues with broken shared libs when upgrading, e.g.:
> >  - xmonad 0.9.2 -> 0.10 dyn shared lib bump (F16); - F16 -> F17
> > libgmp soname bump
> >
> Is there a way for testing if I'm already on the F-17 branch -- would
> installing the version not in updates-testing and then upgrading be
> sufficient, or does one need to start from F-16?

Ah yes good question.  Basically not - if you're already using F17
or installed F17 instead of upgrading then it is hard to reproduce.
I guess at least you can check that the new xmonad-start still
works for you.

I suppose I could upload example xmonad-$(arch)-linux files to
my people a/c or if you have an F16 still around it should be
easy to make one yourself.

Also I only tested x86_64 so far.  Can someone tell me if
i686 binary is called ~/.xmonad/xmonad-i686-linux or xmonad-i386-linux?
If it is the latter I think I might need to respin the updates.

Jens