update on cabal-rpm-0.8 and ghc-7.6.3

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 03:50:25 UTC 2013

Hi, it is a while since I last posted an update.

Firstly cabal-rpm-0.8.0 with the new revised packaging templates
is now in updates-testing.  Basically it seems to be working ok
though I am planning to do a minor release soon with a few small
tweaks from testing with updating our packages for rawhide.

I have a script to help me do that - it can update most
packages (at least those without C library builddeps) completely.
It should be useful also for updating open package reviews
to the latest approved packaging guidelines.

  http://petersen.fedorapeople.org/update-to-cblrpm-0.8.sh

Try it if you like or use the latest "cblrpm spec" and merge
the differences from *.spec.cblrpm if you prefer to compare
the changes explicitly.

ghc-7.6.3 and haskell-platform-2013.2 are in git and I am slowly
working through all 200+ packages updating them to latest releases
(where appropriate/possible) and building them locally to test.
Once it is all ready I will push it all to Rawhide with my rebuild
script for koji.

I would like to try to backport ghc-7.6.3 to F19 maybe after
it is released but I am not very confident right now about finding
time to do that.  I am also thinking of backporting ghc-7.4.2 to
EPEL-6 perhaps (currently it is on 7.0.4).

I think that is the main news for now.

Thanks to Shakthi for helping with some package reviews this week. :)

Jens