Yesod Feature for F19

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 07:59:21 UTC 2013

> I went ahead and finally submitted the Feature yesterday
> just before the submission deadline. :)
>
> > I did a preliminary script -- it works, but I'm not sure exactly
> > how
> > to check, for a given Hackage entry, what the corresponding Fedora
> > package is, so there are a few false positives (I did the simple
> > 'check if a ghc-...' binary RPM exist')
>
> Okay thanks sounds like a good start - sorry I didn't
> have time to look at it yet but I will soon.
>
> > Here's what it finds (in ascending order) -- 61 in total.

We have passed F19 Feature Freeze date and not made much progress yet on Yesod.
I suggest we can move this feature to Fedora 20 - though it doesn't stop us
from continuing to work on adding required packages to Fedora now
- even we could still do it if we had the time and manpower, but with
the current slow progress it seems unlikely we can complete it for F19.
Yesod-core might be realistic perhaps.

 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/19/Schedule

There are various substacks that would certainly be great to work on
and splitting up the work in that way also makes it more manageable
and realistic: eg client-session, http-conduit (tls), yesod-core, etc
but there is also a longish list of individual deps that will
already build or ones with just a single dep missing, etc.
Let's get started and keep pushing on this.

Thanks, Jens