packaging updates

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 07:58:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

Things have been quiet lately so I thought I would send
out this mail with a few updates.

Finally [[Packaging:Haskell]] has been updated to our new revised
Haskell Packaging Guidelines!  (They were approved a while back
but somehow had "slipped between the cracks" it seems.
Anyway they should be announced soon but are already published now. [1]

Our Yesod Change Feature seems kind of stalled again.  I guess I will
pump some packages out for the clientsession stack (6 deps).
Then we should be able to build yesod-core.

I started off the process of unpackaging haskell-platform!
At the time (F18) I thought it was good idea to subpackage
all of haskell-platform into a monolithic but no, I now see
it as a mistake which I would like to undo.  While the
mega-package is good when HP is released, it seems much better
and simpler for development to have separate packages.
So I beg for help with reviewing the package re-reviews.
If we could finish it before F21 that would be great.
My first goal is to have cabal-install and its deps repackaged.
Currently mtl and random are ready waiting in the review queue.
Help is also welcome if you are interested in owning
some of Haskell Platform. :)

I made a short url <http://bit.ly/1d4GLuT> for the
list of New Ready package reviews to make it easier
for people to find Haskell packages that need reviewing.
I put it in the #fedora-haskell channel topic too for
reference.

Lastly, as I announced I made a people repo ghc-7.7 in
preparation for the coming ghc-7.8 release -
we may start to see RC's next month perhaps?

Jens

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Haskell