pandoc-citeproc

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 04:58:27 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew

> It's likely easier to use a pandoc-citeproc
> package right from the repos when it arrives, however I'm interested
> in this cabal method. I use pip a ton in python (in a virtualenv) and
> i bet there is a wonderful world of packages available for haskell.

Yes

> I tried what you suggested, however I'm getting an error about
> versioning on the install. I don't mean for this to be a big support
> discussion, so I converted my document over to LaTex so that I could
> get it finished without relying on pandoc-citeproc being available
> quickly.

Okay it is easy to get into dependency hell with cabal install
without sandboxing.  So I suggest either you try to yum install
cabal-dev, or newer cabal-install from my copr repo [1] which has
support for sandboxes.

> https://gist.github.com/storrgie/80e57c8a230dbe84754c

Okay, I am not sure where the List dependency is coming from.
I managed to cabal install pandoc-citeproc on my F20 machine.
You might want to look through the ghc-pkg check output first
to work out what is broken in your user-installed libs.

Most people now suggest to use sandbox to build projects
anyway to avoid these kind of problems.

Hope that helps,
Jens

[1] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/petersen/cabal-install/