update on ghc-7.8 building

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 04:57:20 UTC 2014

> - Agda: needs 4 new packages
>   - STMonadTrans, boxes, data-hash, equivalence (all not yet submitted)
> - cab: needs process-conduit or conduit-extra
> - ForSyDe: compile errors
> - MonadCatchIO-transformers: needs monads-tf
>   - blocks snap-core -> snap-server -> hakyll
> - hledger: needs tabular and wizard
> - haddock: type error
>   - blocks leksah-server and leksah
> - wai-extra: needs monad-loops and stm-chans
>   - I have committed wai/warp 3.0 stack
> - scotty: needs conduit-1.1 or wai-2.0
> - shake: test failure (can disable tests once reported)
> - type-level: needs parameterised-data
> - hedgewars: *block* not in scope

Here is the corresponding cblrepo output:

Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for MonadCatchIO-transformers:
  monads-tf ==0.1.*
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for MonadCatchIO-mtl:
  MonadCatchIO-transformers ==0.3.1.*
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for hledger:
  tabular >=0.2 && <0.3 && >=0.2 && <0.3
  wizards ==1.0.* && ==1.0.*
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for monad-logger:
  monad-loops -any
  stm-chans -any
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for warp:
  http-date -any
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for snap-core:
  MonadCatchIO-transformers >=0.2.1 && <0.4
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for snap-server:
  MonadCatchIO-transformers >=0.2.1 && <0.4
  snap-core >=0.9.3 && <0.10
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for scotty:
  conduit >=1.1 && <1.2
  data-default >=0.5.3 && <0.6
  monad-control >=0.3.2.3 && <0.4
  warp >=3.0.0 && <3.1
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for leksah:
  hlint >=1.8.59 && <1.9
  shakespeare >=2.0.0.1 && <2.1
  vado >=0.0.1 && <0.1
  vcsgui >=0.0.4 && <0.1
  vcswrapper >=0.0.4 && <0.1
Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for Agda:
  QuickCheck >=2.7.5 && <2.8
  STMonadTrans >=0.3.2 && <0.4
  boxes >=0.1.3 && <0.2
  data-hash ==0.2.0.0
  equivalence >=0.2.4 && <0.3

That QuickCheck dep is problematic: we may need to either
add QuickCheck27 or move Agda to copr perhaps...

I have pushed updates to haskell-sig.git reflecting
current pkg git for packages/f22 and cblrepo/f22.
So you can use cblrepo to check package version updates
against the current staged package set.

Jens