ghc-7.8 now in Fedora Rawhide
petersen at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 7 13:38:17 UTC 2015
The Fedora Haskell SIG is pleased to announce the arrival of GHC 7.8 in Fedora 22 Rawhide (development tree).
- the GHC version is 7.8.4: we are no longer following haskell-platform strictly
- Around 125 Haskell packages have been updated to new versions, including pandoc-1.13.2.
GHC 7.8 has a lot of nice new features including:
- shared dynamic libraries on *nix arches
- a new runtime I/O manager which scales much better for larger workloads
- new NCG and overhauled llvm backend
At the same there are currently still a number of provisos in Rawhide:
- a few packages have not yet been rebuilt/updated with ghc-7.8.4:
- build errors: bustle, ghc-ForSyde, ghc-type-level, ghc-parameterized-data
- missing new deps: hledger, Agda, leksah, cab
- also the RTS seems to have some strange problems on ARM leading to crashes which is under investagation: no idris build on armv7.
These should be fixed over the coming days/weeks.
Please report any problems you find in bugzilla.
More information about the haskell