[Fedora-i18n-list] Default setting in htt.conf (Was: Re: Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)"

Yong Li rigel863 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 07:42:45 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I just subscribed the list. This is meant to be under the thread of "Test
result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)". I got the same error and
solved it by modifying the /usr/lib/im/htt.conf file.

I have to add the following line to that file:
AccessControl permit 127.0.0.1

The htt.conf file seems to be very straightforward and well documented. If I
understand it correctly, the default setting seems to reject any
connection to the htt server. However judging from the comments made in
that thread, it obviously not the case for some people. So I don't know.
Could this be a FC1 vs. FC2 thing? My system is essentially a FC1 with
a home-made 2.6.3rc4 kernel (if that matters).

Regards,
Yong

PS: I have tested with zh_CN locale, but just saw Yu Shao's post on the
availability of new inpinyin module. I'll grab the new one and post the test
results together afterwords.