[Fedora-i18n-list] BUG: IIim stops converting after dialog is displayed in KDE

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 25 08:06:16 UTC 2004

>>>>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:52:17 -0400,
>>>>> "morpheus" == morpheus <morpheus at post.harvard.edu> wrote:

morpheus> Hi, thanks for the help.  I have some additional questions and bugs to
morpheus> report.
morpheus> First, I don't see a script called "li" anywhere on my system.  I did a
morpheus> find / -name li, and got two hits:
morpheus> /usr/share/locale/l10n/li
morpheus> /usr/share/locale/li
morpheus> Both are directories. So, where do I run LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 ./li from?

build a source code in my previous mail by yourself. as I
mentioned the reason for that, there should be no difference
between yours and mine anyway, though. i.e. you have to run
the applications on ja_JP.UTF-8 instead of ja_JP anyway.

morpheus> Also, I have a question.  When I type quickly in English I am constantly
morpheus> accidentally hitting SHIFT-SPACE and activating Japanese input.
morpheus> CTRL-SPACE also works...how do I turn off SHIFT-SPACE and leave only
morpheus> CTRL-SPACE?

no way to do it right now.

morpheus> Finally, I have noticed what seems like a bug, as follows:
morpheus> When running Open Office Writer:
morpheus> When I press the HOME key, I get a settings menu, but there doesn't seem
morpheus> to be a way to cancel this.  I tried ESC and many other keys.  I have to
morpheus> turn off conversion to cancel it.  This doesn't happen in other programs
morpheus> like Mozilla, Evolution or Quanta.

You could cancel it with Backspace, ctrl+g etc as it could
be on kinput2. or though I've fixed this problem on Canna
(and hopefully it will be available soon), you can fix this
problem by adding the folow line into
/etc/canna/default.canna, and restart cannaserver:
(global-set-key "\Escape" 'quit)

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH