Self Introduction - Where Do I Start?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 00:57:06 UTC 2007

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your posting.

Mustafa Qasim writes:
> I would love to work on Fedora documentation
> OR internationalization project for URDU language support in Fedora but
> as being a newbie at town I didn't know that how much knowledge is
> required to get on work in a particular project.

For general information about Fedora I18n please see the project page:
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N> and
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/Join> (I see you have already
applied for an account:).

For Urdu support we have currently the following packages:

       fonts-arabic
       m17n-db-urdu  (input map - can be used with scim-m17n)
       openoffice.org-langpack-ur

What are you using for writing Urdu currently?

A good way to start helping is to report bugs in bugzilla.
I think we need more reports from Arabic users for rendering
RTL (right-to-left) and input of Arabic.

For Documentation see: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs

For translation the Fedora Localization Project is at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N>.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Hope that helps, Jens