[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 25 08:36:35 UTC 2007

Le Lun 25 juin 2007 10:09, Jens Petersen a écrit :
> We are thinking that it would be a good to have a meeting of
> the Fedora I18n project to discuss various technical issues openly.
>
> Some of the things to discuss include:
>
> - installation package defaults
> - input method desktop defaults and configuration (xinput/im-chooser)
> - renaming of fonts-* to reflect upstream projects
> - adding a IM package group?

I'd like to attend, but probably only could in the evening (western
european time). I'd like the following topics discussed:

+ extented (multimedia) key Fedora target (wait-and-see, active Fedora
push, to evdev or not to evdev?)

+ font policy/comps i18n group organisation -> some fonts bring
support for scripts used by existing desktop locales, others for
scripts associated to langages we don't have localisation for
(tiffinagh, n'ko, inuktikut, tibetan?), others are purely decorative
and no one will use them in real life by default, others are for
historical scripts (dead languages, medieval variants, old greek,
church scripts...). How all this stuff is supposed to be organised in
comps? How will it appear in anaconda/yum guis?

+ what to do when upstream is dormant or end-user unfriendly? Where
and how should user feedback be directed? Do we need a Fedora-level
i18n technical hub? Do we have the resources for it? (hunspell dicts,
xkb maps, console maps, abandonware fonts, etc)

--
Nicolas Mailhot