[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 08:42:31 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
>>> + extented (multimedia) key Fedora target (wait-and-see, active
>>> Fedora push, to evdev or not to evdev?)
>> Not quite sure how this relates to i18n.  Are you proposing
>> to use it for international input or something?
>
> Fixing Fedora input needs switching to evdev someday. It's very likely
> this switch will unearth bugs in the handling of international
> keyboards, as most evdev testers probably only use western keyboards
> (probably not too difficult to fix stuff, but i18n should be ready for
> the switch)

Ok, I would like to know more - some pointers would be useful.
Is it closer to kernel kbd handling?

> That's why other distros have i18n hubs with a strong presence and
> activity. It's dishearting to notice time and time again other distros
> manage to get problem reports for stuff which was pushed in Fedora
> months before without anyone reacting.

I hear what you are saying and agree completely.  I think we have been
aware of the problem but have not had the resources to address them yet.
  We certainly have some things we need to learn from them.  I think
this may be something that needs to be pushed higher up to FESCO or the
Board, but together with L10N project I think we can help to lay the
groundwork for that by providing good input, examples and ideas.

Jens