[Fedora-i18n-list] New scim version in Zu Yin IM is broken

Caius Chance cchance at redhat.com
Tue May 22 00:09:42 UTC 2007

Hi Tina,

Thank you very much for your information.

Before any judgement, I would like to gether further data about the
problem of it from you.

When the candidate window pops up with those numbered brick characters,
could you actually 'select' those characters by pressing the number key
on keyboard?

The main difference between current 5.7 and latest 5.6 is 5.7-2 made a
patch on resetting the candidate list to accurately reflecting the
current candidate list.

In short, as long as all the numbered brick characters are selectable,
the problem is not on the SCIM, is because the system missing font for
those characters.

FYI, the Unicode coverage of SCIM is different to the Unicode coverage
of fonts in the system. IMHO, to match it is possible but not in
foreseeable future development list.

Hope this help. Please kindly let me know if you could select those
characters?

Best Regards,
Caius

2007-05-21 (月) の 18:01 +0800 に Tina Chou さんは書きました: