F9 Feature planning meeting

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 11:33:38 UTC 2007

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> Jens Petersen wrote:
>>> What do you think, could "Free Finnish
>>> spellchecking and hyphenation" be an I18N feature for F-9?
>> It sounds good to me as a potential F9 feature.

>> Are you going to write a feature proposal? :)
> I might, although all this is quite new to me.

Well it is partly a matter of how much attention you want for this work
IMHO.  I mean the packages can be added to Fedora of course whether it
is an official accepted feature or not.  So it is not like you have to
propose it as a feature in order for it to go into Fedora.  I think it
would be very nice to have better support for Finnish in Fedora so the
packaging itself is the most important part: in the longer term it might
help with other languages that have long compound words too perhaps?

> Are there any guidelines on writing one?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Jens