Proposal for some changes for Chinese Fonts in Fedora 13.

Peng Wu pwu at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 07:35:13 UTC 2010

Hi Qianqian Fang,

----- Original Message -----
> I assume Peng will put all 3 Chinese font families after
> the default Latin fonts, right? (be aware that
> wqy zenhei/zenhei mono do not have hintings for Latin
> glyphs). How are you going to do it?

Thanks for notifying me this, I missed the hintings for Latin glyphs.
After this discussion, I will post changed font conf files on bugzilla for review.
I will try to use the same technique in UMing confs(maybe will be switched to UKai):
        <match>
                <test name="lang" compare="contains">
                        <string>zh</string>
                </test>
                <test name="family">
                        <string>sans</string>
                </test>
                <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="strong">
                        <string>Bitstream Vera Sans</string>
                        <string>DejaVu Sans</string>
                        <string>WenQuanYi ZenHei</string>
                </edit>