warning while generating .ttf file

प्रविण सातपुते pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:27:07 UTC 2010

"Windows has decided that fonts with 'name' tables bigger than 5K are
insecure and will refuse to load them. Don't ask me why they believe this.
This font has a name table which is 6948 bytes and is bigger than this
limit."

http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/fontinfo.html#Names

.... MicroSoft recently (2009) released a security patch in which they
decided that font's whose 'name' table was bigger than 5K were insecure.
Personally I cannot fathom their logic, but that's OK, I usually can't.
Unfortunately many licenses *are* bigger than 5K, the OFL is for one, so it
is now "better" to include a link to a license website rather than the full
text of the license -- at least it is if you want your font to work on
Windows.

Most of the fonts has license included inside fonts itself.

version fontforge-20090923-2

-
Pravin S