IBus and GNOME-Shell for Fedora 15

Takao Fujiwara tfujiwar at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 03:43:42 UTC 2011

     IBus and GNOME-Shell for GNOME 3.0 <http://desktopi18n.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/ibus-and-shell-for-gnome-3-0/>

via DesktopI18N's Blog <http://desktopi18n.wordpress.com> by fujiwara on 3/31/11

We integrated the current IBus GTK panel icon on GNOME-Shell for GNOME 3.0.
Special thanks to Owen Taylor and Giovanni Campagna who maintain GNOME-Shell!
The integration is available with gnome-shell-2.91.93-1.fc15 or later and ibus-1.3.99.20110228-6.fc15 in Fedora 15.

# yum install gnome-shell ibus

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2011-March/msg00105.html
The following upstreamed patch was integrated in ibus-1.3.99.20110228-6.fc15 as we don’t bump the tarball yet.
https://github.com/ibus/ibus/commit/5ef29602141945ed1255662576c2e8194af78325
The ibus icon image also needs to be updated to use the theme’s standard icon for GNOME 3.0. Currently I add an internal patch for Fedora 15:
https://github.com/fujiwarat/ibus/commit/c0440392863fa000225fac066af3232227f6ee0e
The icon image is under the discussion however I think it’s also better to be integrated in other distributions too for GNOME 3.0.

<http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ibus-gtk-shell.png>

We’ll continue to implement IBus GJS for GNOME-Shell in the previous thread <http://desktopi18n.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/ibus-panel-for-gnome-shell/>.
Personally I hope the target is GNOME 3.2.

<http://desktopi18n.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ganbare.jpg>