[Fedora-india] Call for Participation in Fedora Project Day at FOSS.in 2007

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:20:30 UTC 2007

It gives me pleasure to say that the Fedora Project's application [1]
to host a Project Day at FOSS.in 2007 [2] has been accepted by the
organizers.

However we now have to carry the burden of ensuring that we produce
many Indian contributors to Fedora in particular and FOSS in general.
This means that our sessions have to be structured in such a way that
it is easy for people to get in at the ground floor and the take the
elevator up. Or in other words we should have enough low hanging
fruits to encourage newer contributors.

We are looking for capable community members who are willing to step
up and help us achieve our objective.

A possible agenda [3] and a probable list of workshops [4] is now
being chalked out.

If you desire to participate -- give talks or hold workshops --
irrespective of whether they are present in [3] [4] or not, we would
encourage you to let us know what you have in mind. We want the agenda
and workshops to reflect the preferences of the community.

Please remember that our focus is on encouraging new contributors from
India, and not on addressing the end-users. However that will not
prohibit foreign nationals from giving talks or holding workshops as
long they help us in bootstrapping members of the audience into
contributors.

So lets get the dice rolling...

Happy hacking,
Debarshi