Why would anyone like to have a Fedora Mirror ?

Tue Apr 29 07:21:43 UTC 2008

I was being generally unhappy with the Mirror Admins of the two external
  Fedora Mirrors in India and we collectively stumbled upon the eureka
moment that we don't have straight answer to "why an university or any
academic institution with a reasonable connection would like to have a
Fedora Mirror, internally, if not externally"

Given the low number of torrent seeds and the increasing usage of
rawhide bits for the OS, it becomes important to [i] have more mirrors
[ii] more torrent seeds and [iii] more media via FreeMedia available.

mether would perhaps like to write about [iii] separately later. This
mail is more about the question - what would be a compelling reason for
an institution to have a Fedora mirror ?