Why would anyone like to have a Fedora Mirror ?

Saurabh Jain (सौरभ जैन) saurabh.jain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:07:30 UTC 2008

Hi Guys

I have been trying to talk to NIXI about hosting Linux mirrors in
India. Working through the babudom is taking a lot of time, though.

Meanwhile, I host Fedora mirrors on a few servers I maintain here and
there. None of these have more than 2Mbps connectivity, which might
not be great, but is still good by India standards. Would it be useful
to have these added to the official Fedora Mirror list? We have no
connection limits or other such jazz. We just prioritise the SMTP and
IMAP traffic on these servers over the FTP traffic, so no one in
management complains about the mirror traffic.

Your thoughts please...

-Saurabh