Why would anyone like to have a Fedora Mirror ?

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 23:59:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Saurabh Jain (सौरभ जैन) wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I have been trying to talk to NIXI about hosting Linux mirrors in
> > India. Working through the babudom is taking a lot of time, though.
> >

>  Please keep following up. We are in real need for more mirrors as we are
> close to the Fedora 9 release. Some traffic details are at

It will also help if more detailed instructions on using p2p are
provided in appropriate pages.
Even adsl users can maintain better ratios.

Immediately after release, many Linux distros can be downloaded @ 1.2
-1.6 Mbps by torrent (on a 2Mbps connection), while that may fall to a
paltry .2 Mbps by direct download.  There are exceptions to the latter
aspect.

Best

A. Mani

--