[Fwd: Re: Anybody from surat?]

ElectroMech electromech at electromech.info
Wed Aug 20 11:37:30 UTC 2008

Dear Mr. Vinod,

I am fedora-ambassador at Baroda / Ahmedabad.

We have done lots of seminar in various colleges.

you can refer the below link for some detail.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Nileshjvaghela

Let me know what kind of help you  required.

We can provide you Fedora 9 dvd free for this event.

Thanx.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:58 PM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)" <
foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
> > Forwarding it to the fedora-india group for inputs...

> > Re: Anybody from surat?
> > From:
> > binod bhattarai <peace_binod at yahoo.com>
> > Date:
> > Wed, 20 Aug 2008 03:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
> > To:
> > ankit at redhat.com
> >
> > To:
> > ankit at redhat.com
> >

> > I am binod , final year electronics engineering student.Most of the
> > students of my coll are lacking idea about the free software .What me
> > and my group members are thinking is to organize an event which can
> > provide proper idea about it so that they will be encouraged to incline
> > towards free software. i am expecting proper idea about how should we
> > organize that event so that  more and more students get attracted to the
> > events.
>
> Since you are a student of Electronics Engineering, I'd be tempted to
> point you to the Fedora Electronic Lab [1] since you would be able to
> relate to it pretty quickly.
>
> Moving on from there, collect all like-minded group members and think
> over the following:
>
> + what is it that you exactly want to do at this event ?
>        - this is going to help you give shape to the agenda
> + who would be interested in attending / participating ?
>        - this should allow you to assess the knowledge
> + how can Fedora work itself into the daily tasks that they do ?
>
> Having an event to just introduce participants to Free and Open Source
> software is going to be a kind of waste of resources. Since you mention
> that this is more of an awareness event, having something of an
> installation festival (install fest in general speak) would allow you
> guide participants in installing and configuring their boxes. Starting
> from there, one can slowly introduce them to various Fedora sub-projects
> (and there are plenty) as well this mailing list, how to use the
> #fedora-india IRC etc
>

> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraElectronicLab
>
> --
>
> http://www.gutenberg.net - Fine literature digitally re-published
> http://www.plos.org - Public Library of Science
> http://www.creativecommons.org - Flexible copyright for creative work

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
16, Sun Rise complex,
Nr. Mansi cross Road,
Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.