[Fedora-India] Hackathon help..

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:19:09 UTC 2008

> people to the idea of Application Development.. Since it is the first
> time, it will probably just be us changing a few things in some app to
> show people how and what can be done..
>
> We are holding a workshop on Python before the open week..
>
> so, Can someone please suggest a simple application written in
> Python that we could use in the hackathon.. We need the simplest
> possible

Instead of tinkering with existing (and mature) applications, you
could consider learning the technologies themselves. eg., you can have
workshops on learning the techniques of GUI programming. You already
have a Python workshop. Add to it some sessions on Gtk+ (or PyGtk?),
Glade, etc.. Some time with GDB, Valgrind and Strace, which are common
across most kinds of programming would also be good.

Good luck,
Debarshi