[fedora-india] Who wants free DVD to distribute?

Tue Dec 30 12:50:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 5:49 PM,  <siddharth at techbugs.org> wrote:

> Binod : To distribute Fedora Media to schools/colleges/events we have
> separate channel, it is not covered by FreeMedia... If you are
> intending to ship/ -  to the FreeMedia requests please provide a
> count.

It would be interesting to start taking note of how many requests
queue up for distributing Fedora media to/at schools. Sooner, rather
than later, it would be required to start figuring out ways to meet
requests like those. Just pushing large volumes of media may not be
the optimal way of doing things and increasing participation in the
Fedora Community in India.

As regards events, we already suggest doing stuff like LiveUSB
stations etc. And, sometimes it works out cheaper to produce media
locally than ship it across the country. So, if in this case Binod
does have an estimate about what it costs to produce the media
locally, do get in touch with me (morpheus at fedoraproject dot org)
and let's start a discussion.

In short, it isn't about the number of media we ship. It is about the
quality of contributions we help mentor.