[fedora-india] FOSSMeet @ MEC

Sarath Lakshman | ശരത്ത് ലക്ഷ്മണ് sarathlakshman at slynux.org
Wed Dec 31 15:47:35 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Happy New year.

I am writing on behalf of FOSSMeet to be conducted on Jan 25th 2009 by the
team at Model Engineering College, Cochin, Kerala.The FOSSMeet kicks off on
Jan 23 along with our techno-management festival excel 2k9. The main event
day is on Jan 25th and open to all. We have currently  5 talks are planned,
Which include the speakers :
1) Atul Chitnis, (Founder,FOSS.IN)
2) Shreyas Sreenivasan, (GNOME Contributor)
3) Santosh Thottingal (Developer, Dhavani TTS)

and we will be having GNU/Linux distro / FOSS Tools Exhibition.

The event is followed by FOSS week, which we have planned to conduct various
awareness programs and GNU/Linux and FOSS Tools training to the college
students.
We would like to have a Fedora Ambassador as one of the speakers.
MEC is a FOSS Savvy college which runs completely under GNU/Linux OS and
FOSS Tools. We run all our severs on LAMP. We are also running an
Electronics LAB purely on Fedora.

It would be great if some Fedora Ambassador could come to our college and
deliver a talk.

Please go through the website for more info.

url: http://foss.mec.ac.in

--
Sarath Lakshman
http://sarathlakshman.info