Fedora India website

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 2 04:43:13 UTC 2008

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> The ticket some ideas I had initially.  Namely,
>>
>> Provide a platform for Indian contributions
>
> This one needs some elaboration.
>
> The page for Regional Contributors seems to have attained stasis. Which
> can mean either that we are not having new contributors or, the new
> contributors don't know that they can list themselves. I'd hope it is
> the latter and not the former.
>
> What specifically do you have in mind when you say "platform for Indian
> contributions" ?

The regional teams page provides a list of contributors. Bringing
visibility to Indian contributors makes it easy for someone new to
Fedora to get hold of one of them and clarify doubts, get media or any
number of other activities not to mention motivation to contribute
themselves. We can highlight this better. For example, list out in more
details what people have contributed might be useful. If I knew Person x
has python expertise and speaks my native tongue then I might go to him
or her to understand python better. Localization of the contributor
specific documentation might also be useful. The website would just make
it easier to provide a more central forum for such activities.