FUDCon India 2008

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 19:12:14 UTC 2008

On 03/07/2008, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Rakesh Pandit wrote:
>

> > Hi list, /me is Rakesh Pandit aka chacha_chaudhry (irc nick)
> >
> > What about taking some ideas already here
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerCoding/2008/Ideas
> > which haven't been taken yet in Summer of Code to this year.
> >

>  If anybody has projects in this list they are willing to take up, yell.
> Also refer
>
> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Potential_Projects
>
>  The reason for taking up smaller chunks like packaging fonts is to have
> specific goals that we could accomplish by the end of the event and which
> can be taught to other new contributors relatively easily.

Okay, this seems to best.
if we can make a list of these tasks on some wiki page?
May be some child page of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RegionalTeams/India

> > Though a new packager (still to be sponsored) I am very much
> > interested in getting into the marathon of packaging fonts listed
> > above. :)
> >

>  Did you sign up for a Fedora account? If you need help with getting
> started, let us know.

As per guidlines once I am sponsor I can then only have account. So,
may be soon I will create one, if everything goes on nicely.

> > But we need to announce these kind of tasks very very prior to the D days.
> >

>  Sure. We are discussing everything out in the open.

Nice, just meant that sooner we decide on (as we are aleady doing)
greater time we will get publicising to targetted folks(may be among
colleges or lugs) and more importantly ample time for tasks to
complete.

Rakesh Pandit