FUDCon India 2008

Prakhar Agarwal prakhar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 4 18:44:07 UTC 2008

I am one of the participants in this particular summer training in DGPLUG. I
fortunately stumbled upon this event and found the whole idea quite
interesting. I'm an engineering student in JIIT University, Noida
(Delhi-NCR).
Apropos your discussion, I would like to organise some events in my college.
We are in the process of setting up an Open Source Club here in our
university. Our main focus will be on organising
install-fests/open-discussions/workshops/tech-talks/etc.. Although, many
people(including me) have some experience with open source, we lack some
organising skills. One of our main concerns is how to impress students, how
to get them excited by the Open Source world. It would be very helpful if we
can get some inputs from Fedora-India community. Also, what more events can
we organize in order to reach out to masses? Please give some inputs.
thanks!

Prakhar Agarwal
Fedora Ambassador-Delhi, India
Linux User# 474643