That 'FUDCon' thing

Mon Jul 7 09:40:29 UTC 2008

Replying to oneself is such a sweetness.

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:

[snip]

> For a significant number of the items, we need to prep up the audience
> well before foss.in with sessions on IRC and we need to come up with a
> plan for that too.
>
> Underlying theme: increase the quality and quantity of contributions to
> the Fedora project by pitching FUDCon at foss.in as a barcamp style
> hackfest rather than talkathons.
>
> Intended audience: Existing contributors to the Fedora Project,
> potential contributors to the Fedora Project, users of Fedora and any
> other person who walks into FUDCon at foss.in
>
> ThingsToHappen: A list of stuff we can do if we put our minds to it. The
> list should be a clear and concise answer to the question "I am at
> FUDCon now what ?" Below is a summary of what has been discussed. These
> are just topics, there are no names attached yet. Additionally, we
> haven't talked about which developers would like to attend from outside
> of India.

[snip]

What all this does mean is that this would be a first time that a FUDCon
would be held at foss.in. Thus, it allows a significant opportunity to
figure out how a FUDCon fits into the foss.in ethos of 'generating
contributions'.

Add to that, we need to figure out the bits about the following:

+ what activities should we be doing prior to FUDCon at foss.in
+ what is the hall size we think would be a good to have
+ do we need one hall and a pair of stalls
+ what other infrastructure bits do we require (scratch the wifi since
foss.in does generally flood the venue with bits_in_ether)
+ which developers are willing to come down from outside US
+ when do we start talking with the group willing to come down
+ what about the Fedora GSoC-ers meet
+ Sign-age and related artwork for FUDCon