Fedora and the visually challenged - how is the OS placed ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 23 13:21:36 UTC 2008

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
> I had a few questions:
>
> o how well placed is Fedora for being a daily-use system for those who
> are visually challenged
>
>     - installation
>     - daily usage
>
> o is there an assessment of what bits are missing
>
> o how well do the software lend themselves to be used
>
> all this is leading up to the question of can a 'spin' be conceived

The general idea was that the default live cd should be sufficient for
this purpose. In Fedora 9, you can enable accessibility from GDM itself.
Click on the left side bottom icon for details. These include a screen
reader, magnifier and so on. I know a few people who keep track of these
in Fedora but I don't know what's missing still.