[Ambassadors] Re: Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 02:25:07 UTC 2008

>> As a student what can we do in this regard? ... Most students of my Univ,
>> (University of Calcutta) are not interested in Linux, because of
>> unfamiliarity with the system. Most of them do all their project work in
>> Visual Studio, as that is really easy.

> Santanu Sinha (from iLUG-Cal and other places) has been trying to do this at
> CU for a while. Debarshi participated in a GCC workshop as well

Atleast Rajabazar Science college's B.Tech course offered by the
Electronics & Radiophysics department has something called "UNIX
system administration", while many other colleges have one subject
which is somehow related to Unix.  Don't these help in increasing
familiarity with the system?

Regards,
Debarshi