[Ambassadors] Re: Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.
thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:29:16 UTC 2008
> I guess now we could start some ground work on how it could be done
> and how to move it forward. What do you say ?
My idea is like this (will upload to the wiki),
* Contributors suggest potential projects.
* Reviewed by peers, review committee.
* Listing accepted Projects .
* Please note: "Projects" does not mean coding only. It means whatever
is useful for Fedora and community as a whole.
For example, A few tentative projects, other than coding may be
"Creating an BN_IN live cd/Creating a kids spin/Translating fp.o in BN_IN "
* Assigning mentors and backup mentors.
* Fixing up timing and duration of project.
* Evaluation by mentor and review committee.
AT THE INSTITUTES:
* Approach the institutes "Officially".
* Organise seminar/workshop at institutes. A lot of students will come
and participate. Most of them are potential users.
* Follow that up with another advanced workshop. Here you can identify
the potential contributors.
* Now let these selected students know about the mailing lists, irc
and help them identifying their areas of interest.
* Give them a small and easy test, only to identify their willingness
and eagerness to work.
* Assign them projects.
* Award them for good work.
This is a very rough draft, please help improving them.
If you have any question, please add it to
More information about the india