Clarifications regarding fedora.co.in

Saurabh Bathe saurabh at beginbyte.org
Fri Jun 27 11:51:38 UTC 2008

Kulbir Saini wrote:
> Hi all!
>
>    I own this domain (http://fedora.co.in/) since almost 3-4 months and use it
> to blog about Fedora and Linux related things. I took permission for using
> Fedora logo from FedoraProject (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo). I am

You took the permission for the logo. But having the site name as Fedora
is different than using the logo on your site.
This is like me having a site "mcdonalds.co.in" and claiming in the
footer that I am not associated with them.
While  doing that may/may not be perfectly legal,  I would like to
refrain from doing that on moral grounds.
But as suggested, check with trademarks at redhat.com
<mailto:trademarks at redhat.com>.

--Saurabh

PS. Some people might call your actions "cyber squatting" or "domain
hijacking", though I am sure you have no such intentions :)