Clarifications regarding fedora.co.in

Kulbir Saini kulbirsaini at students.iiit.ac.in
Fri Jun 27 11:52:33 UTC 2008

> On 27/06/2008, Kulbir Saini <kulbirsaini at students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
> [..]
>>  PS : I am not going to move my blog to any other domain.
>>

> In short main issue with your domain is that it gives a false
> impression for being a Fedora India community place but it is a
> personal site.
>
> There may be some complicated trademark violation issues. I said may
> be. So as Runa said you better clear them.

  Cleared.

> To me it is ethically wrong to use a domain which conflicts with
> community interest. But it is your domain so your wish.

  hrm.. another line in footer "This website doesn't represent Indian Fedora
community." should remove this conflict.

PS : I wonder if footer will become larger than the website itself :P

> --
> Rakesh Pandit

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://saini.co.in/
My Web-Blog: http://fedora.co.in/

IRC nick : generalBordeaux
Channels : #fedora, #fedora-devel, #yum on freenode