The Fedora Community in India - plans and proposals

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:05:06 UTC 2008

> However, the question remains is that - do you think that the points on that
> page are do-able and would have impact ?

# Presence in community events
# Visibility to Indian contributors and associated metrics

Already being done. Some more would be nice.

# Promote Ambassadors
# Campus and institutional tie-ups
# More mentors
# Get more Indian Mirrors
# Manage the Indian localized spins
# FreeMedia Project
# Swag - Live CD, stickers etc and use them for release events

Would be good.

# Recording community presentations and events
# Regular and informal meetings
# IRC sessions and classes

We already have them in a disorganized fashion. Maybe we need to be
more organized.

# FUDCon in India?

No idea.

# Regional and local language press
# Nurture and encourage community presence external to and within Red Hat India

Would be good, again.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
 -- Arthur Ashe