[fedora-india] [Fwd: The desktop beyond F10]

Fri Nov 7 06:07:46 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The desktop beyond F10
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 18:12:45 -0500
From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>
To: Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
<fedora-desktop-list at redhat.com>

Hey all,

with F10 closing in on the finish line, it is time to start thinking
about how we envision the Fedora Desktop to look beyond F10. To that
end, we (mostly Jon and me, with some help from other desktop team
members) have started to put some of our ideas for how to improve the
desktop experience into written form.

You can find this material here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/Whiteboards

Currently this is just a pretty unsorted mixture of wild ideas,
implementation details and concrete plans, and a lot of them are missing
details, user stories and use cases. Don't misunderstand it as 'the plan
for the F11 desktop'.

But I hope that it is filled out enough to provide some idea in what
direction we would like to move the desktop. Over the next weeks, we'll
turn the things that we are going to tackle for F11 into regular feature
pages.

Comments and feedback welcome, either on this list or in the discussion
tabs.

Matthias