[fedora-india] Workout for FUDcon.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:31:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

Has what gets done in FUDcon got fixed?
If it is not concrete yet, I have something in mind.

1. I am recently working on a mirror on a HDD thing, which is a
external HDD, containing the latest Fedora relase and synchronised
regularly.
2. The concept is you can take it with you, plug in to any computer
(for the time being plug in to a fedora installation) of a LAN, and
turn that computer into a local mirror for the LAN.
3. Also we should have a script which takes the server ip as an
argument and makes rpm containing the repo file for local mirror (as
livna rpm) on the run for client machines.

This way we can have everything at our disposal, which would be great
way to take a whole fedora mirror to any event, or to set up a
permanent mirror anywhere.

I am onto the scripts for a few days, and would like to get ideas and
workouts and improvements at FUDcon. I shall have the proof of concept
scripts by then.

So what I am proposing for FUDcon from my part is, a small workshop on
mirroring (may be 20 mins to 30 mins, mirroring does not take more
than that :) along with brainstorming/scripting etc for
mirror-out-of-a-box solution.

What do you say? Doable?

Thanks.

Susmit.