[fedora-india] Is not fedora-qa same as review-o-matic (under plan)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 16 00:54:43 UTC 2008

Vivek Shah wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14 PM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
> <foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rakesh Pandit wrote:
>>> I was searching for something similar and came across fedora-qa.
>>> $subject
>>>
>>> http://gauret.free.fr/fichiers/rpms/fedora/fedora-qa
>> Is this 'complete' and up-to-date with the recent guidelines ? Last
>> modification seems to be: September 2005 by Aurelien Bompard for Fedora
>> Extras
>
> Will it not be a better idea to let the subtle nuances and guidelines
> be taken care by rpmlint and then diagnose the readings of rpmlint
> spewed out rather than writing out a battery of similar tests as
> written in rpmlint ?

Running rpmlint is part of the process but hardly covers everything. To
figure out whether the package has all the right dependencies specified,
we use mock which tries to build the package within a chroot.
review-o-matic can glue together many things such as rpmlint and mock as
well as do additonal checks on top of this.