[fedora-india] Fedora Repos and Updates

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 2 09:58:22 UTC 2008

Kishore Bhargava wrote:
> Hi! All,
>
> A quick observation and suggestion. A couple of weeks ago the
> repositories for RHEL and Fedora were reported to have been hacked.
> There have been no updates for the last two weeks, as far as I can tell.
> RHEL executives were quoted all over the web on news sites stating that
> things were under control and that nothing has affected the RHEL code
> repositories. However, there seems to be diplomatic silence being
> maintained on the Fedora project.
>
> My question is, what exactly happened? and what is the current state?
>
> As Fedora ambassadors and representatives I think people on this list
> should inform the rest of the community of the status and if they need
> to do anything to start getting updates again.

Fedora send a total of three announcements regarding this:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00008.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00011.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00012.html

The last announcement mentions that Fedora is moving to a new key. The
plan for that is outlined in

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-August/001627.html

There will be further announcements when changes are required. Keep an
eye on the fedora-announce list for updates. Hope that helps.