[fedora-india] Fedora Freemedia India, A plan.

Wed Apr 1 06:50:25 UTC 2009

2009/4/1 Siddharth Upmanyu <siddharth at techbugs.org>:

> There are two aspects of a not functional FreeMedia India program..
> 1. one is the funding.. (put  ~50INR/Request X 200Requests/Month =  INR 10K
> in one place, figure out a vendor who can do burning and packaging and ship
> from one location. Which we dont have)
> 2. and two is difficulty in decentralizing the efforts.. (people dont like
> to buy media and get it burned from LocalContacts after filling the
> MediaForm which is not very understandable but true.. and we cant/dont want
> to force our contacts to put in money for all the requests because few
> locations produce most of requests)
>
> to solve this we need voluneers who are commited to dig out the FreeMedia
> program and make it functional..

An important I did not see taking off (as much as we hoped it would)
is the Ambassadors becoming 'known' points of contacts in the LUGs.
Media requests happen as much as within the LUG as via Freemedia and,
if the LUG aspect is taken care of things can turn out to be a bit
nicer. For example, we are very grateful that iLUG-D via a few
individuals have been points of contact towards making media
available.

The aspect that rears its head each time is 'cost'. And, as far as I
recall, anyone who is a point of contact has not been discouraged to
get at least the media cost replaced.

It is a statistical point worth noting that during the last year, a
lot of magazines did carry Fedora. I am still not sure where all of
that went :)