[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Request for Sponsorship..

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:27:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rohit,
>
> If you are posting to multiple lists, please do use any tag like
> [Cross Post] or something similar to indicate that.
>
> Secondly, there wasn't a reason to explicitly cc: another address of mine.

*sigh* a deja vu feeling :)

Sankarshan, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I wasn't in a mood to
re-write my yesterday's speech  ( from some other list ) ;)

OT : Suggestion - maybe before going into this process of creating
multiple lugs and also Fedora ambassadors there are important things
to be done like teaching people how to write an email to mailing
lists. How to read emails? How to think about what is written?

Such type of emailing etiquette  is not doing any good to anybody or
the community itself.

So when somebody goes to promote Fedora or start a new lug at a new
place  - maybe she/he needs to tell the audience about a few more
things other than the standard stuff. How to behave, listen to
community and work with the community is a good thing to tell them? (
This also goes for other projects as well.)

Spending 15 minutes on this right then and there at the event can save
hours now. Makes sense because at that point they are probably
listening to YOU, the speaker more than now when they can choose to
ignore YOUR email and its contents completely, never mind giving it
some thought. And once you leave, some nice chaps concentrate all
their energies into getting things done ( which is good thing ), their
adrenalin is a super high excited state to do nice things, at that
point they may or may not have time to listen to the "right things".

Also, Sankarshan you are right, a FAQ page mentioning the "Right"
things to do and with references to important information is a neat
idea.

Cheers!

Pradeepto
--