Should we/Should we not [was:Re: [fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Request for Sponsorship..]

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:18:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
| The upside is that there is a lot
| of fresh minds, the downside is that the earlier mentoring and
| coaching which used to happen via *UGs seem to be missing.
\--

Young minds _need_ to go through a learning curve, and they are _not_
ready to be an "Ambassador", yet.

---
| about the Ambassadors and other
| participants being more visible and constructive ong the *UGs. We do
| have a somewhat unique problem.
\--

There is a need to have:

1. An "induction" program, where they are introduced to _the_ essentials.
2. Participate in the group for atleast six months.
3. Do some real work (code/testing/documentation/translation/bug
triaging/et. al.)

before _requesting_ to be a sponsor for an "Ambassador".

---
| So, if someone wants to undertake a small tutorial over IRC on those
| bits, I'd love to go to town and exhort a full house.
\--

I am in.

SK

--