[fedora-india] F11 Release Events

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:42:52 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francesco Ugolini <fugolini at fedoraproject.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Subject: F11 Release Events
To: Fedora Ambassadors List <fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com>,
susmit shannigrahi <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com>

Hi,

once again I'm here talking about Release Events.

- Why are they so important?

Simply, they introduce, in a human-friendly way, Fedora to the world.
They give the possibility to have a first look of what was done in the
previous 6 months and have people ready to give community the first
support for installation and explanation of all/most of the features.

- What can we do?

Like the past releases, we have to create something really special to
cheer the new release: a worldwide initiative, marked for its
distinctive signs, that mix both the knowledge and party sides.

- Can I hold a Release Event? What I have to do?

Sure. Just add your event in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents. According to the release
schedule, we encourage to have such events in the first 2/3 weeks
after the release (May 26th, to stay sure, add a week).

During the next weeks I'll let you know about the other aspects
connected with this initiative (swags, meetings etc.).

My regards and the best wishes

Francesco Ugolini

Susmit.

ssh