[fedora-india] Help for Hosting Required

Sameep sameepk at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 07:29:11 UTC 2009

I am planning to host Fedora 11 http and ftp downloads at Imphal. Regarding this, I have some question in mind.

I have public ip adresses and i have registered a domain name also as csmanipur.co.in

I have already setup my server with fedora 10 loaded and configure and setup bind as dns server for my domain csmanipur.co.in

Now, the confusion i am having is that, while registering my domain the registrant ask for nameserver and i tried by giving by public ip of my dns server, but it is not accepting the ip address. But when i tried using full domain name instead of ip, it accepts (currently i am using zonedit).

But i would like to use my own nameserver instead of zonedit with my own dns server like ns1.csmanipur.co.in

So, i need help on using my own dns server as nameserver for my domain.

Regards,
Rishikesh Sharma

Here is a link . I Hope it helps

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-fedora-10-ispconfig-3