[fedora-india] Help for Hosting Required

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 04:54:45 UTC 2009

Rishikesh,

Try this. I assume the hosting provider does provide some form of free
DNS service to begin with (most that I know of do). Create a new A
record in the free dns server (ns1.csmanipur.co.in). Point this to
your permanent name server (ip address of the nameserver).

Additionally you may want to configure CNAME records such as
www.csmanipur.co.in too.

Now go to manage your name servers and add this as a name server. Try
this without deleting the existing entries (You could later delete
this). Your nameserver should be configured to be authoritative for
your domain. Please remember that DNS changes take 24-72 hours to
propagate.

Also, I would recommend against using your own DNS server unless you
absolutely require the additional functionality.

In effect this is how it would work

Registrar resolves your server's IP address and your domain name
server's IP Address, your DNS server is authoritative for subdomains
within your domain (e.g. aloo.csmanipur.co.in, bhindi.csmanipur.co.in
)

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Ritesh