[fedora-india] Screensaver building : help

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 06:04:36 UTC 2009

hey folks,

I was looking around for screen savers related to the "fedora community"
in the repos. Sadly, I couldn't find any. There is the floating fedora
logo screen saver, but that doesn't really emphasize on community at
all.

As a result, I intend to make one. (I've read through the srpm to spot's
frog screen saver. Making one doesn't look very complex). I need your
help in selecting the images that it will feature.

Please reply to this mail with links to any images :).

What I was thinking :
- Images from the FUDCons
- Workshops
- Install fests
- etc etc.

I think its going to be something like the presentation on the fedora
community that I found quite a while back[1], only less text, more
images.

[1] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/misc/community.odp

Another query:

I also thought of making one with Quotations.
Like quotations from Ayn Rand's series  "atlas shrugged", "the
fountainhead" etc. What license would I be looking for to use quotes
from the book? (if any)?

It's just going to be text on some background. Maybe some images here
and there if I can get some fit enough.

Thank you for your time :)

--
regards,