[fedora-india] Re: Linux in govt. offices

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 7 06:34:55 UTC 2009

On 12/07/2009 11:54 AM, S.K. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Unfortunately, none of the concerned officials are ready to listen. They
> weren't even ready to meet me. Its very disappointing and frustrating to
> see this narrow minded approach of theirs.
> Suyash Kumar

Although you might find it disappointing, this is entirely expected.
Government organizations in India tend to be very risk averse, move
slowly and need a top down approach which is best left to vendors. Grass
roots support is best directed towards more receptive places such as
education institutions, libraries or small organizations.

Rahul

PS: Aggregate your blog in Planet Fedora