[fedora-india] FOSS.IN 2009 retrospective

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:03:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get some feedback from Fedora contributors who attended
> the event on what went well and what we could improve for the next year.
>  I intend to write in detail at some point but my short list:
>
> * Met Susmit, Ankur, Hiemanshu, Joerg Simon, Kedar and others which I
> think is a important part of the event more than anything else.

Same here.

> * Fedora Potd went pretty well but I think we should have put up
> posters/banners somewhere in front to guide the audience.

The problem was we didn't get new faces who were interested to get
started. Otherwise, it went well. My observation is that big events
are fine for meeting old friends and get ongoing works done. But these
are not very suitable for getting new contributors q(plenty of choices
for them?) or starting a new work.

> * Booth was a pleasant surprise and talking to other booths, a number of
> them didn't get explicit confirmation either. We had to rush to get the
> Swag done (thanks to Susmit). Must avoid that in the future.

As long as I am in Kolkata, I can arrange things in (preferably) a
couple of days notice.
There is not much you could do as the booth was really a surprise. :)

Susmit.