[fedora-india] Fedora - India meet logs

Wed Dec 23 06:00:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Arun SAG <sagarun at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I see several review requests are being untouched/unapproved for months.

Thank you for posting the BZ# entries in your other mail.

> Yes , i do agree that reviewing packages and sponsoring them is a time
> consuming and tiresome work :-) . There should be a queue or some thing or
> some limit on time how long the packagers have to wait for a sponsor .

The above should be put to the Packaging SIG to work out a solution.
If this is put forward in the form of a proposal, it might expedite
discussion

> Potential contributors from india can be asked to file a ticket or something
> so that new review requests can be tracked and approved ASAP (yes, we can
> ask them to send an email to the  list asking for sponsor/review) . Is there
> any way to identify contributors from india and _automatically_ add
> fedora-india  to CC list of their review requests?

I'd suggest a simpler solution - meet over IRC (#fedora-india) every
10/15 days so that existing or, new review requests can be given a
look-see. We do not have too many reviewers but this form of
collaborative working might see is increasing our reviewer and
packager base.

It would need someone to take a lead in arranging the meetings and,
ensuring that there are a couple of the reviewers available for a
discussion. Keeping the logs would be helpful too.

If you are looking for tooling to create a list of existing/new review
requests from folks from India, it should perhaps be trivial to use
the data in FAS and, do a look-up on BZ to produce a simple report.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Sent from Brisbane, Qld, Australia