[fedora-india] request for speaker for our FOSS festival Mukti 2010

Roshan Singh singh.roshan08 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:44:43 UTC 2009

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Roshan Singh <singh.roshan08 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am a student from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur. We
> organise
> > a FOSS festival, Mukti(http://mkti.in) every year. Last year we had some
> > Fedora contributors here during our fest. In continuation with that we
> are
> > hopeful to get some more speakers from Fedora.
>
> Would it be possible for you to talk a bit more about whether and how
> the presence last year was helpful ?

It was helpful definitely since the number of linux users have grown
considerably during the past year. Apart from that we have people who are
waiting more events this year. It has helped Fedora to become the most used
distro is my college :-), which was openSUSE earlier.

So now I want to get some contributors from the college which will not be
possible if someone drives it.

> > 1. I would like to know if we can get to some speaker to show their
> projects
> > like a small hack session with the hope that we may get some contributors
> > the project. We will provide the necessary requirement for conducting the
> > session
>
> How about you doing this yourself ?

People listen to me through out the year. It will be better if some one from
out side comes. Apart from that I would also like to be in the audience.

--
Roshan Kumar Singh
http://roshansingh.wordpress.com